By Tony Nnadi
Now that the Supreme Court of Nigeria has most graciously buried the restless ghost of the 2019 Electoral Ritual with its October 30, 2019 Verdict on the February 23, 2019 fray, the LNC invites all who reject Nigeria’s Unitary Constitution of 1999 into the urgent task of easing out that Death-Dispensing and Unworkable Constitution which has since been Repudiated throughout Nigeria.
BASIS OF THE PROPOSITION:
(1) The SIMULTANEOUS imposition of Sharia by 12 CONTIGUOUS States of Nigeria’s Far North was unarguably, a Repudiation of, and SECESSION from the SECULAR Constitution of Nigeria.
(2) The DRAFT PEOPLES’ CONSTITUTION that emerged from the historic PEOPLES SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE (2005-2006), organized by the PRO-NATIONAL CONFERENCE ORGANIZATIONS (PRONACO), was a Countrywide REPUDIATION of Unitary Nigeria; a Formal PROPOSITION for returning Nigeria to its Federal Basis and an Unspoken CONSENSUS for the DISSOLUTION of the the Union if its Federal Basis cannot be reinstated.
(3) The 2007 Suit at the Federal High Court in Abuja, by MNN-Mandated Plaintiffs, Challenging the Legitimacy of the 1999 Constitution and seeking the Termination of its Operation, was instituted to wind up the Rejected 1999 Constitution Nigeria via an Orderly TRANSITIONING Process that would midwife the Orderly emergence of Negotiated Successor-Protocols.
(4) In furtherance of the aforementioned Winding-Up of Unitarism, the Joint Multi-Region MNN LAGOS DECLARATION OF JUNE 30, 2011 which Formally Disavowed Nigeria’s Unitary Constitutional Order and Mandated the Alliance Blocs (as shown in the Map Below) to Commence Preparations towards UN-Backed Self-Determination REFERENDUMS/PLEBISCITES was the response of the rest of Nigeria to the belligerent Sharia Caliphate for carrying out its 2010 widely publicized threat to make Nigeria UNGOVERNABLE should the Presidency of Nigeria elude the Caliphate North in the 2011 Electoral cycle.
(5) Pursuant to the Mandates of the said MNN LAGOS DECLARATION of June 30, 2011, the SOLEMN ASSEMBLIES OF THE PEOPLES of the three Alliance Blocs, which were held between 2015 and 2018, (Lower Niger, April 27, 2015 in Port Harcourt; Oodualand, September 7, 2017 in Ibadan and Middle Belt, July 18, 2018 in Makurdi), EACH formally Repudiated and Rejected the Imposed 1999 Constitution as the Basis of Nigeria. (See the link to the video of the Solemn Assembly of the Peoples of the Lower Niger, April 27, 2015 in Port Harcourt: https://youtu.be/1C5FynbyXrU )
(6) Proceeding from the premises of the clearly established Countrywide REPUDIATION and REJECTION of the Illegitimate and Fraudulently Imposed 1999 Constitution as the Basis of Nigeria, the Joint Multi-Region FREEDOM PARK PROCLAMATION of December 11, 2018, by the LNC/MNN-Inspired NIGERIAN INDIGENOUS NATIONALITIES ALLIANCE FOR SELF-DETERMINATION, proposed the deferment of the ill-advised 2019 Elections and the immediate emplacement of a TRANSITIONING that will midwife the undertaking of the inevitable Constitutional Reconfiguration of Nigeria.
(See the link to the video of the December 11, 2018 Freedom Park Proclamation:
(7) Within the Mandates of both the MNN LAGOS DECLARATION OF JUNE 30, 2011 and the FREEDOM PARK PROCLAMATION OF DECEMBER 11, 2018, an LNC/MNN Contingent between January 2019 and August 2019, engaged critical segments of the International Stakeholder-Community on the rapidly deteriorating situation of Nigeria, the Lake Chad Basin and the Gulf of Guinea. The highlights of the engagements is that by July 2019, the US reached the damning verdict of Fulani Ethnic Cleansing against the Indigenous Nationalities of Nigeria while a UN Special Rapporteur on Nigeria, in August 2019 Declared the Constitutional Arrangement of Nigeria as A PRESSURE COOKER FOR INJUSTICE, which pose a a grave danger to the global Community, should Nigeria unravel as widely feared.
With the 2019 Election distraction now out of the way, the LNC and it’s MNN Alliance Partners are persuaded that it is right now within the reach of the traumatized Constituent Components of Nigeria, especially of the Alliance Blocs of the Lower Niger, Oodualand and the Middle Belt, to act jointly and enact a Peoples’ Countermand to any further National Elections in 2023 under the obnoxious 1999 Constitution, with a view to precipitating a Firm Time-Frame for the Termination of the Operation of the Repudiated 1999 Constitution via a TRANSITIONING Process that will interface seamlessly with the current existing Governance and Constitutional Structures in order to avoid any prospects of anarchy.
Accordingly, the LNC and it’s MNN Alliance Partners will sometime in the Month of November 2019, be inviting all those who may wish to participate in the urgent task of bringing an end to the Operation of the Repudiated 1999 Constitution of Nigeria into that Task.
Let it be noted that as at today, October 31, 2019, an overwhelming Majority of those we describe as “Nigerians” are trenchantly and vociferously demanding an end to the Unitary Constitutional Order in Nigeria, (especially in the South and Middle Belt of Nigeria), leaving behind, a shrinking Minority of those who are struggling to keep Nigeria’s Unitary Constitutional Order by Force.
The aforementioned Countrywide Consensus in rejection of Unitarism render the position of this shrinking Minority untenable and so, not much needs be said about their obduracy.
However, the aforementioned Majority that is agreed on an immediate departure from Unitarism is divided into two camps of:
(a) Those who seek RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA for the restoration of Regional Autonomy and
(b) Those who seek INDEPENDENCE FOR THEIR TERRITORIES (Biafra, Oodua Republic, Niger Delta Republic etc).
It must be stated that these two camps are both driven by the a common desire for SELF-DETERMINATION, differing only on the DEGREE OF AUTONOMY represented by their respective preferences.
The 21st Century Democratic Mechanism for ascertaining the wishes of the People on this subject is by REFERENDUMS. The common-ground between the two camps is the Rejection of the Unitary Constitutional Order. The Sole Barricade between the two agreeable camps (ie Restructuring and Independence) is the Current Imposed Unitary Constitution of Nigeria. (The other little impediment is the Political Merchants from the Alliance Territories who for humongous personal gains, are clinging tenaciously to the 1999 Constitution, swearing along with those who imposed it, to defend and uphold that Charter of Death, Attrition and Backwardness. Each Alliance Bloc must therefore find some way to persuade their own Renegades and Recalcitrants).
It follows therefore that the first most urgent Task before both camps, is to join forces to get the 1999 Constitution out of the way and in the process, precipitate the TRANSITIONING that will midwife the REFERENDUMS/PLEBISCITES through which their respective choices would be expressed.
These should not take more than 18 Months from the date of this Communication being October 31, 2019 if we put our minds to it and decide to work a it instead of lamenting and wringing our hands around.
Ahead of the wider invitation, those who are desirous of joining the Task should indicate by email to :
or Text Message to +234-813-435-4584
NOTE: The email or text message should be headed: “I WISH TO JOIN THE TASK” (written in block letters) and should include the name, email, phone and City of Residence.
Those from the Lower Niger Territory (ie any of the 11 South-East and South-South States) Home or Abroad, who wish to Register as Members of the Lower Niger Congress, LNC, may do so via the LNC Membership Registration Portal on the Link:
Visit : http://www.lowernigercongress.org
Facebook: Lower Niger Congress
YouTube: Lower Niger Congress
Lower Niger Congress
October 31, 2019.