Another Nigerian Viciously Murdered In South Africa In Obvious Xenophobic Attack

Another Nigerian has been reported dead in South Africa following a vicious xenophobic attack on him by gangsters in the former Apartheid, now Rainbow nation.

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa.

The President of Nigerian Union South Africa (NUSA), Mr Collins Mgbo, announced the gruesome murder of Mr Nicholas John in a statement issued from South Africa on Thursday.

John, who hails from a community in Ogun State, Southwestern Nigeria, was attacked by an irate mob at his shop in Kimberly in South Africa’s Northern Cape on February 12, 2022.

South Africa has continued to be a graveyard for many young Nigerians working or doing business in South Africa.

According to NUSA, records show that at least 128 Nigerians have been killed in the Rainbow Nation since 2019.

On December 12 2021, one Olusola Solarin, was gruesomely murdered allegedly by hoodlums, who attacked him and collected his money.

The latest victim, John, was married to a South African wife, who put to bed barely three months ago, according to Mr. Mgbo

On the circumstances that led to John’s death on February 15, the Mgbo said that on February 11, the Nigerian was attacked by a South African gang for allegedly buying a stolen laptop.

“He was beaten alongside his friends, who they believed was an accomplice, while the South African criminal, who stole the laptop and sold to John was left unharmed.

“John had battled for survival at the intensive care unit in Kimberley Hospital, where he later died.

“John had bought a stolen laptop from a South African and that the owner of the stolen laptop apprehended the South African, who stole the laptop and that he took them to the Nigerian, who had bought the stolen laptop.

“The Nigerian, who bought the laptop had apparently sold it to another Nigerian.

“They asked him to call the Nigerian he sold it to and he did, but when he arrived, he told them that he didn’t have the laptop anymore but agreed to pay them for it.

“The owner of the laptop agreed but the owner came with a group which wanted to rob John of his phones but he resisted and that was when they beat him to comatose state and left him to die.’’

“Other Nigerians at the scene called an ambulance and took John to hospital but they were informed by the medical doctor at the hospital that his brain was damaged and that he might not make it,” the NUSA President further stated.