Nigerians have been responding rapidly to the unconstitutional means by which the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen was purportedly removed from office by President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, January 25.
One of such response came from a notable leader of Nigerians in the United States, Engr. Clifford Iroanya, who outrightly called on the National Assembly to immediately initiate impeachment proceedings against President Muhammadu Buhari in accordance with Section-143 of the 1999 Constitution.
Below are excerpts from his Facebook post.
1) The Code of Conduct Tribunal (TRIBUNAL) has not found the CJN guilty yet. According to Section-23(1) of CAP-C15 L.F. N. 2004, it is only after finding an accused person guilty that the TRIBUNAL can impose any punishment such as suspension.
2) There is nothing in the Third Schedule of CAP-C15 L.F. N. 2004 (Code of Conduct Tribunal Rules of Procedure) that stipulates the suspension order being imposed by the TRUBINAL.
3) Because Section-23(1) of CAP-C15 L.F. N. 2004 has not been satisfied, the CJN is still the Chairman of the NJC in accordance with Section-12(a) of Schedule-3 (Part-1E) of the fraudulent 1999 Constitution. And being the Chairman of NJC, Buhari lacks the authority and powers to remove or suspend him singlehandedly without recourse to the National Assembly as stipulated in Section-157(1) of the fraudulent 1999 Constitution.
4) And because Section-23(1) of CAP-C15 L.F. N. 2004 has not been satisfied, the actions of the TRIBUNAL even if viewed from the angle of Section-158(1) of the fraudulent 1999 Constitution is invalid.
5) The fraudulent 1999 Constitution is clear on its supremacy over any other LAW as stated in Section-1(3). Therefore, Buhari’s copious reference to a TRIBUNAL which is a body established by CAP-C15 L.F.N. 2004 and whose actions and decisions contradict the fraudulent 1999 Constitution, renders the entire suspension saga a breach of the fraudulent 1999 Constitution.
6) FINALLY, with all these gaffes and breaches of the fraudulent 1999 Constitution, the National Assembly MUST immediately initiate impeachment proceedings against Muhammadu Buhari in accordance with Section-143 of the fraudulent 1999 Constitution.